Tuesday 12 May 2015

#May12BlogBomb 2015 Link List

This page collated on 12th May 2015 with a few extra links being added later in the week.

Details about this event can be found here:
Calling all Bloggers


#May12BlogBomb Links:

My Posts:

Just ME: Well enough to drink coffee?

My Guest post on May12th.org: Why Campaign for Awareness?

Guest Posts on Just ME:

Just ME: Guest Post from Karyn - A Gift for You

Just ME: Guest post by MerelyExisting is ME - We Are Warriors.

Just ME: Guest Post from Joan - Open Letter to Irish Minister of Health

Just ME: Guest post from Therese: Happy ME/CFS/Fibro Awareness Day!

Just ME: Guest Post from Holly - Thanks & Thoughts on "Brave"!

Posts on Independent Blogs:

1_LoveLife: Watching Carys #ME #CFS #EDS

A Life Less Physical: Fibromyalgia Awareness Day + Fibromyalgia

A Life Within an Illness: A Day In My Life...May 12th 2015

Angelsong: The Onset of ME

A Path Through the Valley: ME / Depression 

A Rainbow at Night: ME vs. CFS vs. SEID Information & Advocacy Chart

Artifacts of ME: Comorbidity: ME, MS and Exile in Silicon Valley

Being a Mummy with ME: 1 Weekend 2 Perspectives

Brainless Blogger: May12BlogBomb #Fibromyalgia Awareness Day post

Chase the Dream: Fibromyalgia ME/CFS Awareness Day #May12BlogBomb

Chronic Journey: Finding Peace with Chronic Illness

Chumble Fuzzly: ME/CFS, Disability & Video Games For International ME Awareness Day 12/05/15

Confessions of an expat entrepreneur: A few words on Chronic Fatigue Awareness Day

Crafting with M.E: Princess for a day, reality hits!

Crazy Purple Mama: Hopes for a Future without ME

Elizabeth Turp Counselling and Training: How Do you Cope?

Experiment No 1: Picture of a Crash

Fed Up with Fatigue: AWARENESS DAY GIVEAWAY: SUBSCRIPTION TO THE NEW FIBROMYALGIA AWARE MAGAZINE

Fibroflicka med Myalgisk Encefalomyelit: International ME & Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

Fibro Warriors - Living Life: Don't Just Look ~ See!

Freckles and All: Why ME / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Awareness Is Important

Get up and Go Guru: My Vision For A Healthy Future

Grace is Sufficient: Would you have enough compassion to listen to one more story of an invisible illness?

Henry Anderson's Blog: A short blog about my experiences of ME and cancer

Jac and ME: So what's it all about?

Jan's Place: I gave a powerpoint presentation regarding ME/CFS (Part 1) (Part 2)

John Molot MD: May 12th is Awareness Day

JPC101:M.E. Awareness Day 2015 #May12BlogBomb

Katie Cupcake: My Story - #May12BlogBomb

Kealie Mardell: May 12th 2015: International M.E/CFS and Fibromyalgia Awareness Day

Kerra Melissa's Awareness: #May12BlogBomb

Laura's Pen: ME Awareness: If we were cured tomorrow what would we do

Life as we know it: #May12BlogBomb Event

How to Deal with ME: 1 Weekend 2 Perspectives

It's only ME, it's not my mind: Today: The Personal and the Political

Jenny Helen: My Spoonie Life: ME Awareness

Jennifer's CFS Journey: If I woke up tomorrow, free of CFS…

Leannae's World: ME Awareness

May12th.org: Welcome to the May 12th Blog!

ME Advocacy: MEadvocacy.org Chomps Chillies for ME (video)

ME Again (Artist Showcase): Sandra Lock

ME Again (Artist Showcase): Debbie Deboo

ME/CFS Ghost: Why we Need to tell our Stories

ME/CFS Self-Help Guru: #May12BlogBomb: A Future without ME/CFS

Melanie Schickedanz on Huffington Post Blog:
Am 12. Mai ist internationaler ME-Tag: Geschichte einer unterschätzten Krankheit (post in German)

ME Lulu's Legacy: May 12th M.E. Awareness Day – Just Another Year Older #May12BlogBomb

ME, Michael & Me: #May12BlogBomb A Vision To The Future

me, mine and other bits: I just can’t, I just can’t, I just can’t control my life

Mum's Net: Guest post: M.E. Awareness Week: "No, I'm not 'just tired'"

Mythic Pictures: The mystery image revealed!

Nourishing Joanna: What Does ME feel Like?

Paula Knight: Three Little Words / #MEawareness

Paul Tomkins: We Are Death, Warmed Up

Occupy CFS: Very Very Aware

Raising awareness and finding a cure. M.E - The hidden illness: WHAT IS M.E?

Sarah at Saje: ME awareness day 2015: Acceptance

SaYaHA: Me, Myself & MEcfs: ME Awareness (Post in Japanese)
                and #May12 #MEAwareness Day Report from Japan! (Post in English)

Sensitive Girl. Travels: “A Vision Of The Future”

Shelli Profitt Howells: Happy ME/CFS Awareness Day!

Sleeping on the Edge of Sleep: A History of ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia: Does It Run in the Family?

Spooncast: ME AWARENESS DAY – MY SEMI-REMISSION STORY

The Chronic Ills of MookPixie: No Charge

The Sisters Cafe: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome--7 Things I am Tired of

Thrift O'Clock: About M.E. // #May12BlogBomb

TheMarkHurstBlog: The ExhausTing Tings - That's Not My Name

Tips for ME: ME Awareness Blog Bomb + The Princess & ME, A Paradoxical Curse

Wheeling Along: M.E. Awareness Day: What is in a name?

Virgin Unite: M.E Awareness Day: The day Richard Branson put me to sleep

***********

This is the second year I have collated links shared with the #May12BlogBomb tag.
These are the blogs from the 2014 #May12BlogBomb

Thank- you to everybody who has participated. xx



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for putting all of this together! Thank you to each person who wrote a blog! I shared this on my page today and I wanted to pass it along to all these brave warriors who are participating today!

    "Maybe there’s a way out of the cage where you live
    Maybe one of these days you can let the light in
    Show me how big your brave is"

    Those words from the song "brave" make me think of the amazing people battling ME. They show me how big their brave is all the time. This community of people inspires me to have courage and speak up. Many people I am familiar with from their online work: the blogs, social media, and online forums that serve as the gathering place for a community of people unable to physically gather together. Others I have come to know well and am lucky to call them my friend. I wish you could know these people and hear their stories. I just think once that happens there is no way we as a society can not take action in the fight against this serious, debilitating illness. Some severely affected by this illness, bravely and painfully type out one letter at a time slowly over days from their beds to write a few sentences to spread awareness and implore others to support much needed research. Many sacrifice precious energy and time to advocate for others. They write government officials, organize events, maintain blogs, and raise funds. I see kindnesses every day in this community. I have certainly been the recipient of many kindnesses and these kindnesses are from people that are in the midst of the fight of their life. Yet, they take time to encourage one another and speak up for one another. It feels like the bond between soldiers fighting the same enemy. We fight for one another. We truly live out the "no man left behind." I am honored to be allowed to participate in this community.

    For those battling this illness: I want to take a moment to thank each person that has touched my life in some way. I am proud of your efforts! I see your struggle. I acknowledge your pain but mostly I see the lovely human being that you are. I see you! Yes, this illness is an overwhelming force in your life. However, you as a person have chosen to be an overwhelming force for good in this community. Thank you!

    For our allies: Thank you so much for taking time to learn about the illness. It really does mean the world to us when people take time to try and understand. Please help magnify our voice. We have so much to say but sometimes we need healthy allies to be seen out in the world. Many of us are unable to go to meetings, stage protests, show up in the halls of Congress, run a race, pass out fliers, etc. We have some amazing individuals who have pulled off these feats but we need more! A good start is to share a story you have read, a graphic that hit home, a video that opened your eyes. Help others to see us and to hear us. Help us show the world how big our brave is!

    #MEawareness #May12 #May12th

    www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUQsqBqxoR4

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly - just reading this now - that is beautiful. Thank you... can I copy it into a guest post? Will message you... xx

      Delete
  2. What a great list! I just published my blog post here: http://shelliproffitthowells.com/happy-mecfs-awareness-day/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm sorry, I didn't post my May 12th blog post until today, so if it's too late to add to the list, that's totally ok! It's still tagged with the blog bomb :) If you'd like to still have it, here's its address: https://sarahallegra.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/the-giveaway-print-revealed-you-can-still-win-it/ I'm doing a print giveaway to help raise awareness and get people talking about it :) Thanks so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my contribution: M.E. | Depression
    https://apaththroughthevalley.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/m-e-depression/

    Thanks so much for organising this again Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My contribution: https://experimentnumberone.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/picture-of-a-crash/

    It's a little late and a little brain-foggy, but I still wanted to contribute. Thank you for organizing this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job Sally!!! I have only just managed to finish reading all of these amazing blog posts! Only took me a couple of days! Well done to everyone for doing their bit to help raise awareness this week!!! Woohoo!!!

    Lennae xxx

    www.lennaesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for including my post!

    ReplyDelete