Monday 13 April 2015

Calling All Bloggers!

#May12BlogBomb is back!!

May 12th is Awareness Day
for ME, Fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Multiple Chemical Sensitivity.

2015 Link List 

Every year bloggers use this opportunity to express their views and to raise the profile of these much misunderstood and often maligned conditions.


Last year I called for bloggers to promote their blogs using the hashtag #May12BlogBomb.  

I'm not sure we managed to get the #May12BlogBomb tag trending for the day (wouldn't THAT be an achievement) but it was certainly popular.

Hashtags are useful because they become hyperlinks, and clicking on one in a tweet or Facebook post, lets you see who else has posted something using the same hashtag.  This works both on Twitter and Facebook.

Following the #May12BlogBomb tag allows social media peeps to discover new blogs, read new points of view, connect with other bloggers, and generally to explore the subject further.

This year, like last year, I hope to collate a page of links to the blog posts written for the 2015 #May12BlogBomb.

It will become live on the morning of 12th May, get updated throughout the day, and if it takes off the way it did last year, it might take a week to gather all the links together.

Last year's list of links can be found here: May 12 Blog Bomb Link List  I have to admit, the response was phenomenal last year.  I had set out thinking I might collate a dozen or so links and was totally blown away by the number of blog posts I received!

So let's get this year's Blog Bomb EXPLODING  for 2015!


*****

P.S.
I've just been asked if there is to be a theme this year.  Last year I suggested one and whilst there were many posts on that theme there were also many other topics explored.

I think were I to suggest a theme this year it would be on looking towards the future . So maybe "A Vision for the Future!" might be a suggestion.  In my view the aim of these posts is to reach out to the wider community and help them understand our lives, hopes and dreams...

Perhaps the angle of how your future would look if you were free of illness from tomorrow, would be good?

It's up to you!  I look forward to reading everyone's thoughts... 

******
List of links from 2014 can be found here: 
May 12 Blog Bomb Link List  

My Awareness Posts from 2014:
Ability for Agility: Why do I use Wheels?

Just ME: Why NOT Exercise?


24 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea, awareness needs to be raised! I'll definitely try and write a post :)
    Maeve // Thrift O'Clock

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maeve - That would be fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Absolutely on board again! Looking forward to reading everyone's posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Kealie! Thank you! Your support last year was greatly appreciated. Here we go again!

      Delete
  3. Definitely going to join in with this again this year - great idea about looking to the future too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant! And so glad you like the "Looking to the Future" theme.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely. I've already started planning the content, so hopefully will be ready in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done! You are ahead of me, I still haven't thought about what I might write myself this year! LOL

      Delete
  5. A tweetsheet with pre made tweets and a fixed time for a tweetstorm would be nice ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great idea, which I'd love to run with.... except I think the blog bomb is going to take up all my energies. I will certainly support a Tweetstorm should one run.

      There is also the Thunderclap being organised by May12th.org which is worth supporting.

      Delete
  6. This is such an awesome idea Sally, I can't wait to join in again! I love the theme you have picked. I'm looking forward to taking part and reading all the fantastic blog posts! Fingers crossed we get this trending!

    Lennae xxx

    www.lennaesworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Delighted you'll be joining us again Lennae!

      Delete
  7. Oh this is exciting! I was blogging last year (just) But wasn't really clued into the whole twitter thing, this year I will be sure to take part! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my first year as a blogger and my second year as a diagnosed ME/Fibro sufferer. I will definitely be taking part x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great idea :) and will be taking part this year. I've just got back into blogging as I keep forgetting about it but determined to do more this year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant idea. I wasn't very active on Twitter etc this time last year and shamefully didn't even know it was FM awareness day!! Looking forward to being more involved with raising awareness this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Donna! Looking forward to this year's responses. :D

      Delete
  11. Only just come across this I have ME and write blog http://poohbear71.blogspot.co.uk/ I don't use twitter

    ReplyDelete
  12. 2021.május 12-én csatlakozok. fibromyalgiával élek 2015 óta. https://www.facebook.com/fibromyalgiamagyarul írom meg fájdalmaimat. Kerestem más országokban civil szervezeteket.

    ReplyDelete