Friday 2 May 2014

A Post for #ThisisME

#ThisisME is a blog chain event run by Louise Bibby of Get Up and Go Guru. 

A link to her post about the initiative can be found on her site here:
This is M.E. – ME /CFS / Fibro Awareness Day 2014 – Blog Chain

She has requested that each participant answer a series of questions about their illness - either on their own blog, or by emailing the answers to Louise herself, for inclusion on her blog. My contribution follows:



#ThisisME 

What is your name & how long have you had ME / CFS?

  • Sally Burch & I've had ME for just over two years now! 


Where do you live?

  • Northern Ireland - in amongst the rolling drumlins of Co.Down. 


Age?

  • 51 - is that even possible? But my eldest "child" is 25, so I must be maturing a little by now!


5 things about you that the people in your life probably don’t know? 
(non-illness related):

  • Liquorice is my favourite herbal tea.
  • I've grown 50 apple trees from seed, which are now in a hedge at home.
  • I can't touch my toes and never have been able to do so.
  • I've always thought I'd write a book one day - maybe!
  • I love Jelly Babies! (Sorry couldn't think of anything meaningful for the last one!)

5 things about you that the people in your life probably don’t know?
(illness related):
  • ME is not about me being tired all the time! Often I am not tired at all!
  • I really miss tending to my garden. Even the weeding!
  • On average I walk only 240 metres each day. (More & I'll probably crash.)
  • I'm not actually sad all the time about being ill! -  I'm just different now.
  • At last - my ability to daydream is an advantage!  LOL

What one thing do you think most people wouldn’t know about living with ME / CFS that you’d like them to know?

  • That I don't want to be asked about my illness every time we meet. 

What is the most frustrating aspect for you of living with ME / CFS?
  • Having to say "No!" to so many things, when I really want to say "Yes!"

Anything else you’d like to say before finishing?


****

Louise says:

  • Any other bloggers who want to join the blog chain, please copy this and fill in your own answers. 
  • Then email Louise@GetUpAndGoGuru.com so she can link to your blog post in her original post.
I’d Love You To Join In!!




2 comments:

  1. What a great post Sally! It's informative, punchy, straight to the point, and gave me a chuckle too. It's really lovely because a byproduct of #ThisIsME that I hadn't thought of was that others in the #MECFS & Spoonie communities will get to know EACH OTHER better too! It's binding us together in a stronger way, which is really nice.

    Thanks for supporting #ThisIsME. As I'm currently writing a 31 Days To A Better CFS Life blog series, I will definitely be posting a blog on May 12 for the #May12BlogBomb. Whether I can manage the 31 days consecutively is yet to be seen ;-).

    This is a great blog post. I love the way you write. It really is a buzz, isn't it - the energy we're creating with #May12BlogBomb and #ThisIsME, among all the other ME/CFS/Fibro Awareness Day campaigns.

    Keep Smiling

    Louise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise. I'm looking forward to seeing all the other responses written for Awareness Day.

      Delete